Paris, Pisa . . . and Polk County. No visit would be complete without visiting their famous tourist towers. And Florida has not one but three historic towers that draw visitors near and far to experience a bird’s-eye view of the sunshine state.
Perched on hilltops along the Lake Wales Ridge (an ancient sand dune that runs up the spine of Florida) these quirky roadside attractions celebrate peace, prosperity and citrus. In their heyday, they saw hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. Today they’re monuments to Florida’s colorful tourism history.
Citrus Tower – Clermont
Bok Tower – Lake Wales
- Remembering Florida Springs$16.20
- Eureka Brand Florida Citrus – The Turner Fruit Company Retro Sign$13.99
- Orange Orchard Sign$19.99
- Cross Creek Cookery, by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings$10.87
- The Yearling, by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings$8.71
- Cross Creek, by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings$14.16
- Key West, Florida – Key Lime Pie Vintage Sign$13.99
- Florida Blue Map Souvenir and Gift Kitchen Plate with Display Stand$19.95
- Best. State. Ever.: A Florida Man Defends His Homeland
Lake Placid Tower
If You Go: